View Single Post
Old 11-17-2011, 11:12 AM
Leon
peasant/forum owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Runscott View Post
Leon, that's pretty amazing. I set off my fire alarm almost every night - glad the fire department doesn't care around here. They came out only once (not for me) - that's when you find out what's really important in your life. I put on a robe and grabbed my favorite baseball bat and pool cues. Same thing happened when I was 26 and I grabbed my Beatles records.

PS - You run more than me. When are you changing your handle to Runleon? Seriously, the running thing is great to hear - keep it up.
Scott- I was told that our very closely knit volunteer fire dept. absolutely loves to get all suited up and make runs. I see them out at the fire station all of the time. Our community is quite small and everyone knows everyone. I think I made their night having them come to our house . As it could actually be a tiny bit dangerous for them, I would never do that on purpose. I did feel pretty good about their immediate response.

On the running part.....I am doing a nice, fairly quick (for me) mile almost every day. Very soon I will up it to another half mile.....probably until I get up to about 3 miles a day, old age and injuries permitting. When I was in the Corps we used to run a ton...and when I got out I ran twice every day for a long time. Then later in life (about 10 yrs) I got married, tasted my mother in law's (rip) cooking, and have barely ran any in the last 15 yrs. I think this off topic section is pretty cool. No worries about talking about anything (minus politics and religion)...take it easy