View Single Post
Old 12-27-2011, 09:37 AM
Belltown Vintage

Quote:
Originally Posted by toppcat View Post
Someone mentioned it above, but that halo effect is indeed present on some of these. Would overinking have been involved in part of the lithographic process vs a design change?
The halo effect, to me, is just different amounts of the same blue in the background. Nothing special. But it does result in different appearances, and it's interesting to discuss.

Overinking certainly isn't a design change, but there appears to be an intentional change in the amounts of ink used, and possibly a different color(s) introduced - I detailed this explanation in a previous post that you might not have read. It's obvious to me that there Matty was intentionally given two different looks. Within each look there are, of course, various amounts of ink used.

I'm not going to get my feelings hurt because some people disagree with me This was simply something that interested me, so I'm discussing it. Just like a lot of T206 collectors focus almost entirely on stats and don't really notice the color variations in the cards, I am not so interested in stats and much moreso in the card anomalies and the lithographic process. Some collectors share this interest with me, so we're discussing it.