View Single Post
Old 01-19-2012, 01:02 PM
Leon
peasant/forum owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Six View Post
I had a somewhat positive experience with everyone's favorite Joey. In early December, he posted in the B/S/T that he had a 1956 Topps Ted Williams PSA 6. I'm working on the set and most Ted cards I had seen were selling for more than what he was listing it for and the centering was really nice (unusual for this card in my experience).

The price, if I remember correctly was in the low $200's. I went out to eBay to do a "reality check" on the card and the price he was asking and, amazingly, the card was listed there, too, for $197 shipped. After a couple e-mail exchanges, I ended up purchasing the card via eBay since I felt better protected (and it was a few bucks cheaper, too!).

The card arrived in a few days and all is well...I don't understand his buying/selling behavior but I can say that he did deliver the card as advertised. Just wish he hadn't try to pass a premium cost to the Net54 community versus what he got on eBay...

Carry on...Matt
I am sure there have been a few positive transactions Joey/Sam etc.. have done. Even a blind squirrel finds an acorn every once in a while!! His track record still isn't looking too bright right now. Ask Dan M. what he thinks??