View Single Post
Old 01-27-2012, 12:16 PM
Brian McQueen
Administrator

Great thread!

And relevant to me as a few years ago, I was in need of a new car and wanted to be able to buy a house too so I actually did part with the bulk of my collection - only keeping a few things.

If I had to do it today, I would truly have some tough decisions to make. My favorite sets are sets that I've put together 2-3-4 times now and at this point, enjoy them for the sake of collecting/displaying them if nothing else.

My e98s and e103s would be collectively, amongtst the last groups of cards to go and I would do so very begrudgingly. My e90-3s might fall into this group as well. However, beyond these three, there's only one group left and those are my "oddball cards". These oddballs, many of which are possibly unique variations, would be the very final cards to go. I don't have it narrowed down to just one at the present time, but I'd say my e90-3 Payne (blue variation) would be one and my e94 "Silverback" Doolan variation might be another. The blue Payne may be unique for that particular player and the "Silverback" e94 might be a unique color altogether as nobody has ever seen a second that I'm aware of.

The 3rd is a d311 "Bluegrass" variation which I'm very fond of because bakery cards don't tend to have the same printing flubs that caramels do. Any of these three would be highly, highly difficult to replace if not literally impossible. I also have some individual non-oddball favorites - t209 BE Thompson, e103 Tenny, e90-3 Hahn that I would be very, very loathe to part with as well.

Like I said, great thread! I had to do some thinking on this one!

misprints.jpg

d311vanb.jpg

t209be.jpg