View Single Post
Old 01-31-2012, 07:10 AM
Richard Simon

This incident took place several years ago and the story was told to me by the person who did buy these items, someone well known in the hobby. I asked him for permission to use the story and his name but he did not want me to use his name here but told me to go ahead and tell the story.
Grey Flannel was auctioning in two separate lots signed typed letters of George W. Bush. They both had PSA COA's.
The letters were bought by my source. When he received them he did think something looked a bit strange. When he laid one letter on top of the other he could clearly and easily see that an autopen had been used to sign both letters. The authenticator at PSA who examined these could have easily done the same thing.
The letters were returned to Grey Flannel who immediately refunded the purchase price.
Mistakes can be made, of course. But to make this type of mistake just shows how hastily the work was done.
www.bonanza.com/booths/richsports
--
"I have never killed a man, but I have read many obituaries with great pleasure."- Clarence Darrow

Last edited by RichardSimon; 01-31-2012 at 07:32 AM.