View Single Post
Old 02-19-2012, 03:14 PM
J.R. Lebert

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaybird View Post
based on the stampbox, the postcard would be dated 1922-1926. Value is whatever anyone would pay for it. I'm guessing $50-75? I've seen similar postcards of Landis sell in that range, maybe a little more. But, hey, who knows. He was photographed quite a bit and there are many RPPCs of him.

No idea on the ticket.

Edited to add: Wrigley, besides the Cubs, owned the Los Angeles PCL team so that's why he would have been in CAtalina. I5 believe I've seen postcards of Cubs training on Catalina as well. If you don't know, Catalina is an island a few miles off shore of Los Angeles. The little photographers bug says Avalon, Calif. Avalon is the port city on the island of Catalina.
Yeah, I'm actually really familiar with the Wrigley influence on Catalina. I live in Los Angeles, and a friend has a house on Catalina. I was pretty excited to find a PC that I actually knew the back story on. If I remember correctly, there is also one of those little books that Barnes and Noble sells tons of about local histories of places on Catalina and Baseball, or something like that.

Still looking for any info on the ticket, especially value.

Also working on a 1951 Bowman Baseball set, free of gum stains.