Thread: AL and NL balls
View Single Post
Old 03-13-2012, 03:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rawlings View Post
Here you go: http://photos.bigleaguebaseballs.com/
Both are pictured. The Harridge was one I owned, so pics are much better. Since you asked for value, I'll can say that I sold the Harridge for $595 (Ebay) without box. I've seen the Heydler sell for around $300 BIN - a steal in my opinion. I missed it. I saw one other Harridge in similar condition, with box, sell for over $700 if I recall correctly.

I'm sure I've missed or forgotten other sales, but there haven't been many. Since I started adding the vintage baseballs to my collection. I've seen very few examples of either unused, unsigned in great condition or better, but I hadn't been looking for those two for very long, maybe 5 years.
Thank you very much for the info Rawlings. Interestingly, I have been consistently informed recently that the Heydler ball is the more valuable of the two. Then again I have been hearing a range of values from $50 (from those who want to buy one or both) up to $1,500 for the pair. So the values and info is over the map.

By the way, I like your website. Lots of great pics and info.

Now that I have gathered a lot of info that I need, I am ready to give them a new home. Most likely they will be offered on eBay. I am open to negotiating a Buy it Now price for one or both. If I don't hear anything, I'll probably start them in separate auctions for 99¢ and see what happens.

Thanks to everyone for the info. I really do appreciate how much great discussion and info passes through this board.

Curt