Thread: Projects...
View Single Post
Old 04-18-2012, 01:33 AM
Brandon

Quote:
Originally Posted by mr2686 View Post
Great thread. I also think it would be great if we start some threads on individual teams that a lot of us tend to collect where we can discuss the problems of finding certain autos, the dificulty of certain formats (3x5, photo, baseball cards etc). Matt, even though you're collecting murderers row, you could start a thread on the 1918 yankees and then discuss the subset within that (maybe we could be consistent on the titles of each thread...something like "Collecting the 19xx Yankees) etc. . I think those types of threads can help a collector determine if he/she wants to start a team project or maybe just a subset of that particular team.
Ok, here are some of my finished and current team projects:
1. 1971 - 1975 Playoff and WS roster Oakland A's ....Complete and framed.
2. 1960 Complete Pirates roster/owners/announcers - Just need the team trainer to complete.
3. 1934 Cardinals (gas house gang)...need owner Sam Breadon and GM Branch Rickey
4. 1961 Yankees - Need owner Del Webb only
5. 1955 Dodgers - Need about 10 more but deciding what format for each.
6. 1919 Black Sox -I have about 14 team members
7. 1927 Yankees - I have about 14 team/mgmt members.
8. 1969 Cubs - I work on this one when the other's are not moving forward. I currently have 12 on 1969 or 1970 topps cards.
Here's a link to all my projects:
http://sportscollectorsdaily.ning.co...MikeRichardson
I'd love to see your completed gashouse gang collection when you are finished Mike! I'm just trying to complete the players right now before moving on to the owner/GM/Coaches. I'm down to one player; Jim Lindsey. I feel like i'm late to the party collecting this team and may never find one of his But, alas, the hunt continues...that's what makes this an enjoyable hobby.

Last edited by gashousegang_1; 04-18-2012 at 01:34 AM.