View Single Post
Old 05-17-2012, 08:58 PM

slidekellyslide ~

Thanks for the reply. Your no nonsense response is the type I was looking for and anticipating. I'm no expert whatsoever when it comes to baseball stuff, but it seems to me that an individual who is an expert would be able to tell in a heartbeat whether a certain style of baseball uniform was used in 1890 or 1920 without having to guess about it. It took me almost two weeks to come up with what you just said in two short sentences. But what am I supposed to do if someone comes along later with a different opinion than yours and claims there is some value and interest in my photo? Should I just ignore them and accept your evaluation as final? The reason I ask this is because I've encountered so many different opinions lately that my head is spinnig. In other words, is what you are telling me just an opinion or a fact based on years of experience?

By the way, I recently submitted a similar inquiry to the Baseball Hall of Fame Research Department and Tim Wiles and his photo crew are currently taking a look at what I sent them. Tim hasn't commented on anything specific yet, but did say they are currently trying to date the photo paper. I will post his findings here just as soon as I hear back from him, which he said might take two weeks.

Thanks again.

Bob

Last edited by BOB52; 05-17-2012 at 11:58 PM.