Thread: April Pickups
View Single Post
Old 04-03-2019, 01:53 PM
Al

Quote:
Originally Posted by perezfan View Post
Didn't one of the major auction houses actually try to make it into a pinback? It was quite a few years back, but their claim was that it was a rare original Pinback Button. In reality, I believe it was a Franken-pin that someone had converted over from the Mirror.

Not sure if anyone here remembers that, and not sure if it was done as a "craft project" or with the specific intent to deceive. Fuzzy memory on the details, but it did actually happen.
Mark,
Yes I remember that well! It was one of the reasons(there were more) I had a big falling out with Paul Muchinsky as it was his, and is the very one pictured in his book # X11 with the pin sticking out the back. And I do believe I let Rob have it for putting it up in one of his auctions with "That creative description" Both knowing full well that there was NO Such Animal! But hey money talks! I do know the item was bought and the winner put a period piece of mirror back in it and it has since been resold.... Might even be the one that Bob bought! Here is mine hard to see but it has the mirror on the back!

Trying is the first step towards failing, and failing is the first step towards success!

Life's lessons cost money Some lessons cost a lot..

Last edited by batsballsbases; 09-07-2020 at 07:23 AM.