Thread: April Pickups
View Single Post
Old 04-03-2019, 05:40 PM
Al

Quote:
Originally Posted by perezfan View Post
Thanks Al...

Interesting that the winning bidder transformed it back into a Mirror. Do you recall whether the "Pinback version" sold for more or less than normal market value? They really hyped it as being a unique piece.

Yours is a tremendous example BTW.... perhaps the nicest I've seen. And that ensemble you pictured is drool-worthy! I've always thought the LaJoie Scorer/Fob is a very under-rated piece.
Mark, I agree on the LaJoie... As you know with me its about condition and the LaJoie has that gold backing that is usually the problem as it flakes or chips... Funny story about that Baker Mirror and yes its about as mint as I have ever seen. If you know the Mirror on the curl it says Keystone badge Co. Reading Pa. I bought the Mirror from a man whos Grandfather passed away and lived in Reading Pa. Who had gotten it way back in the day. When they cleaned out his house they found it in a dresser drawer and was probably there since he got it... I was very lucky to get it....

Trying is the first step towards failing, and failing is the first step towards success!

Life's lessons cost money Some lessons cost a lot..