View Single Post
Old 01-09-2022, 07:29 PM

I was looking at that LaChance and while I too felt it stood a shot at being fine, it was one of those instances where I'd have really liked to have inspected it in person before pulling the trigger and/or arriving at a final determination. Some of the autographs being discussed were clearly taped over a very long time ago, including this one. While the letter formation of the LaChance was agreeable, there's something going on with it that I'm unable to pinpoint from a photo alone. It's stilted or jagged--more so than LaChance's usual signature, which could be described that way at this point in his life even in other examples. It could simply be the ink's reaction to the tape over time, but I also would like to inspect with a loupe & VSC in an attempt to determine if it had been enhanced. Again, just unable to draw a proper conclusion based on the photo.

I've known the seller for a long time and would have been fully confident in a hassle-free return if I had won and voiced any concern after receiving. I opted to refrain from bidding this time around, however.

Last edited by BillyCoxDodgers3B; 01-09-2022 at 07:32 PM.