View Single Post
Old 05-29-2015, 03:33 PM

Default New to Board - Few Questions - '52 Mantle

Hi everyone, just signed up on here this week. Been lurking for a while though.

I'm pretty sure I read just about every 311 thread I could find going back to 2010 and there's been a lot of great info exchanged. I've also done a fair amount of homework and been monitoring ebay, auction houses, etc. for a few months so and after collecting on and off since I was a kid, I've decided to finally save up for a low grade '52 Topps Mantle, say around a PSA/SGC 2 that hasn't seen the inside of a washing machine. My timing is probably less than perfect (hindset is always 20/20) since this card has exploded in the last 10 years and prior. I still feel it has plenty of legs as my generation starts to build wealth (I'll be turning 32 in a few weeks) and realize vintage > modern, especially as far as holding/gaining value is concerned.

I would like to attend the national this year but my work schedule will not allow it. I can, however, make the White Plains show in August for a day. I've been before but for autographs only. Will I find 52's there? Is my approach ok so far? This is going to be a large "investment" and I feel that this board is by far the best place to come for advice. Any tips and words of wisdom are much appreciated!

Thank you,

Joe