View Single Post
Old 02-09-2012, 11:51 AM
Christopher Williams

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Zipper View Post
I thought "estate auctions" were typically the personal belongings of the estate - furniture, paintings, jewelry and maybe collectibles once in a while.

How are these estates chock full of rare collectibles with newly minted FDE COAs? Does the auction company supplement the true estate auctions with inventory they get elsewhere? Like Coaches Corner?

Over/under on when ACE/Priddy will be banned from eBay? How can one repeatedly cert such cartoonish imitations and expect to maintain the charade for any length of time?
It's amazing that these people who make these "estate" purchases always seem to find Drew Max, Justin Priddy, Ted Taylor and Chris Morales to cert the autographs that come out of "estate" sales.

Is it possible that so-called collectors go to Drew Max to authenticate their autographs because he's on the Pawn Stars show and his proud announcement "I'm a Forensic Document Examiner." Of course, those same so-called collectors never hear about his screw-ups on the show. Makes me sick.

I, for one, have always known how widespread the forgery problem is in the hobby. There are probably fewer than ten people who produce those vintage (Ruth, Gehrig, Matty, etc.) sigs that now show up at a ton of local auctions, online auctions, etc. The buyers (who know exactly what they are purchasing) are finding new outlets to distribute that vintage garbage. Almost all of that crap gets removed from Ebay, and with all of these new local and online auctions popping up, the distributors of that vintage crap have no shortage of outlets.

Last edited by thetruthisoutthere; 02-09-2012 at 06:52 PM.