View Single Post
Old 07-10-2021, 07:57 AM
Avery Singh II

awesome and thanks for the replies guys. I had came to the conclusion they were not the only thing i was and am still interested in learning about and discussing if possible is:

1. Is their a particular reason for why the backs of these cards red ink mix that resulted in their final hue i cannot match up with any "creambacks"?

2. were there different white stocks as to my knowledge the answer so far is no due to it only being purchased and qc manageable due to it only being in 3rd series...

reason i ask that is because the marshall cannot be matched on the back against any cbs yet and i have exhausted ebay 90 day capabilities and any archived back photos i can source along with the front being over yellow saturated ink wise...

Rojek is profoundly different from all the cbs more drastically on the back along with having its own unique mix up of the shade of the red ink on the backside also.

3. if they are cbs i would love to be able to be pointed toward others i could reference and or links to learn about the potential cb differences that exist for posterity.

Again ask only because from my extensive non gray comp of availability of sold or posted and in registry the cbs always look identical in stock so far and the red ink shade that comes out as a result of the interaction of the white stock with the mix.

This is what ultimately led me hear to ask just what are these simply because i do know for a fact with my printing knowledge background for the half tone process etc and studying the only reason for this differential along with an ink mixture deviance from recipe is also not on the same consistent cardstock backside of all cbs regardless of number in 3rd series i have digested thus far.

If not grays then am i just looking at some anomalous variants that exist in neither realm and are the result of a possible last runout of piecing available mats together or just a deviance in creamback consistently that does exist and i have just not been able to see in whats imagery available?

4. I am 100% confident nonetheless that the stock of rojek is not that of a cream and also could not place a gray to it either with exception of a registry reference through 54 to a gray back showcase in which the poster shows that they identified 1 tipton with the dirty front but a white back... not relevant unless you conceive that this is not the same stock of a cb but also not that of what grays are and thus leads me to ask is this a weird combo of gloss front with a different stock from the atypical cb?

sorry for all the questions just am intrinsically curious as to whether you veterans have encountered what is deemed non grays aka creams that happen to also not be on the only cb stock i can find shown identically carbon copied across the 3rd series much less a given card number within?

Also last question but in all the cb digestion i noted miinute details consistent with the stock differentials of white stock that all showed a full bold ink saturation that caused incredible consistency in the fill spots like the nameplate and portrait border and could only find non bleed deep saturation ink fill that ended with spotty less bold in anything that was subsequently labeled grays?

thanks for the patience and insight here gentlemen. Forewarning i am not trying to shoehorn and find validation for mine being a gray or non cb just am enamored with the history of production of this set and the craziness of the first topps run that caused all these anomalies to continue to present mysteries to the community to date. I ended up here due to same conclusion that this was not atypical gray stock so could not figure what it was ultimately because i also know these are not the creamback stock that is displayed everywhere in every card in the series posted consistently without any deviation ive been able to spot in any significant deviation of any kind...

-Anonymous

Check my store out at: https://www.ebay.com/str/singhprospecting