View Single Post
Old 12-15-2020, 01:07 PM
J0hn H@rper

It's been a long time since I've expressed disappointment with acquiring any of these, but unfortunately that happened today.

The Bartirome package arrived and I'm not happy. Most of the seven cards are worse than the pics, both graded and raw. The Bartirome is one of the worst psa 2.5s I’ve ever seen. The only mid grade one, a psa 4, has a minor bend across the top left quadrant that creases down that part of the back.

It’s almost bad enough to wonder if someone messed the with the cases. But since the raw ones are a disappointment too, he may have had just the worst of everything he was selling left. Plus there wouldn’t be much to gain by removing a legit PSA 4 high # common from a slab and replacing it with the equivalent of a 2.5-3. The cards smelled and felt real so they are likely authentic.

I’m probably not even going to confront him about it though, because replacing them is not worth the very minor value increases I’d have in the end after paying more expensive prices and new shipping/taxes/etc elsewhere. So I still plan on keeping them.

But I should’ve stuck to my instincts. Even though the seller was a veteran for this venue with a great rep, buying '52 highs from him in this spot just didn't feel quite right.