View Single Post
Old 09-15-2022, 09:11 AM
Ju$tin D@v3n.por+

Quote:
Originally Posted by Exhibitman View Post
Ali was also deprived of the prime of his career, 1967-70. For my money, prime Ali beats prime Tyson every time, just the way he handled Liston.
I can completely accept that thought pattern and have them close. I give the advantage to Tyson based on having an ideal fight style to beat Ali. His combo tricks developed to enter too close for defense on larger fighters would have devastated Ali's defense by entering his zone consistently. His height weakness was a consistent strength. Could Ali have learned how to fight Tyson? Sure, but the first fight would have been nothing he had seen in his career. Liston was just power and a statue within close proximity in comp to Tyson. Just my thoughts.

Here's a new video of a 56 year old Tyson at likely half to 1/3rd of his prime speed showing how to close space.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TmJJK7Ac4Fk

Player collecting - Lance Parrish, Jim Davenport, John Norlander.

Successful B/S/T with - Highstep74, Northviewcats, pencil1974, T2069bk, tjenkins, wilkiebaby11, baez578, Bocabirdman, maddux31, Leon, Just-Collect, bigfish, quinnsryche...and a whole bunch more, I stopped keeping track, lol.