View Single Post
Old 04-15-2011, 09:23 AM
M@tt McC@rthy

Default True Romance & The Princess Bride

Most of my favorite quotes from True Romance would need so much editing as to be not worth the effort...that said, great movie with a ton of great lines with the scene between Hopper and Walken amongst my favorites of all time...it all starts out with...

Vincenzo Coccotti: "We're gonna have a little Q&A, and at the risk of sounding redundant, please... make your answers genuine."

Also a big fan of The Princess Bride...if you've never scene it, a great movie that'll make you feel like a kid again...

Inigo Montoya: Hello. My name is Inigo Montoya. You killed my father. Prepare to die.
Count Rugen: Stop saying that!

[In the boat in the morning]
Inigo Montoya: He's right on top of us. I wonder if he is using the same wind we are using.

Inigo Montoya: I donna suppose you could speed things up?
Man in Black: If you're in such a hurry, you could lower a rope or a tree branch or find something useful to do.
Inigo Montoya: I could do that. I have some rope up here, but I do not think you would accept my help, since I am only waiting around to kill you.
Man in Black: That does put a damper on our relationship.

Inigo Montoya: I do not mean to pry, but you don't by any chance happen to have six fingers on your right hand?
Man in Black: Do you always begin conversations this way?

Inigo Montoya: You seem a decent fellow. I hate to kill you.
Man in Black: You seem a decent fellow. I hate to die.

Westley: There's a shortage of perfect breasts in this world. It would be a pity to damage yours.

And my favorite...

[Vizzini has just cut the rope The Dread Pirate Roberts is climbing up]
Vizzini: HE DIDN'T FALL? INCONCEIVABLE.
Inigo Montoya: You keep using that word. I do not think it means what you think it means.
I collect Hal Chase, Diamond Stars (PSA 5 or better), 1951 Bowman (Raw Ex or better), 1954 Topps (PSA 7 or better), 1956 Topps (Raw Ex or better), 3x5 Hall of Fame Autographs and autographed Perez Steele Postcards. You can see my collection by going to http://www.collectorfocus.com/collection/BigSix.