View Single Post
Old 11-06-2014, 09:03 PM
Jeff P0tter

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeKam View Post
For me, when I purchase something with the GSP, I pay a shipping price + customs charge. Usually the shipping price starts from $17ish dollar no matter the item. I personally have never been double charged on customs, but have heard of it happening to others.

As mentioned in my OP, I don't understand why they feel the need to look through the contents of every package. They literally do a TERRIBLE job repackaging it. I've had this photo ripped, and many more examples of opened boxes/envelopes with contents exposed.
Thanks for posting this and for the visual example. At one point, I actually spent a few hours trying to research customs duties regarding this program but gave up. I also, have a lot of folks always asking not to report the value on the forms before I started using the GSP, which it did not like. How much is customs duty where you live Mike, if coming from the US? I was always under the assumption it was somewhere around 5-6 percent, at least that appears to be rolled in to the GSP charge. What always bugged me though, is I also thought that items that were considered antiques or collectibles of historical importance, which a lot of baseball collectibles fall into, weren't subject to customs tax.