View Single Post
Old 02-28-2021, 10:47 AM
Ad@m W@r$h@w

Modern started the fire, and modern will end it. Same as it was in 1989-1992. The feeding frenzy in modern attracts the easy money newbies and some of them start looking at vintage and putting some of their profits there. Right now there is a terrible bottleneck at PSA, especially on bulk orders. I suspect that people are paying a premium to get a PSA modern card as compared to raw relative to what they could pay when the PSA python finally digests the submissions puppy and craps out untold numbers of PSA graded modern cards, many of which are going to swell the pops of 8-9-10. What happens to prices as the number of available cards swells will dictate much of the rest of the answer, I suspect.

My $.02 is that as the submissions of 3/2000 and on start being returned and listed for sale, the demand will slacken on those cards and prices will stabilize then start to drop. People holding highly appreciated items will start taking profits, and prices will decline.

I am keeping the best guys: Ruth, Cobb, Gehrig, etc., first-tier HOF RCs like Foxx, and selling into the rest. Selling my slabbed postwar and replacing it with much cheaper raw, if I replace it at all.

https://adamstevenwarshaw.substack.com/

Or not...

Last edited by Exhibitman; 02-28-2021 at 10:52 AM.