View Single Post
Old 05-30-2020, 11:34 PM
John Otto
J0hn Ot.to

Default Derek Jeter Rookie Question...

First off...please forgive my absolute ignorance...I haven't bought a pack of new cards since 1990...so anything from then to present I am clueless.

My new son in law is a huge baseball fan (we get along very well...)...I have already given him a full run of Topps Nolan Ryan cards, his idol (he pitched in HS and College, great kid and athlete). Just in random conversation the other day he mentioned he wished he had a Jeter rookie card, his favorite modern day player. Of course I would like to get him one for his upcoming birthday and went to Ebay to check it out. Wow...I see there are basically 3 different ones...the Stadium, Topps, and Upper Deck? So...a few questions. Which one is the most sought after? Prices are ALL OVER THE PLACE regardless of grade...9's and 10's (I definitely want to buy graded) are from a couple hundred bucks to a couple thousand?

ANY HELP would be appreciated. The goal is to say, hey, here is Jeters rookie card...and not have someone tell him there is a better card...lol. The Topps Draft card looks like the coolest, but I am clueless. HELP!

Thanks...

1963 Fleer - 1981-90 Fleer/Donruss/Score/Leaf Complete
1953 - 1990 Topps/Bowman Complete
1953-55 Dormand SGC COMPLETE SGC AVG Score - 4.03