View Single Post
Old 11-30-2020, 01:12 AM
M@rk Comer

Day 335 (November 30, 2020 – 335)

Let’s end the month of November on a high note; we’ll I guess that’s if you’re a Brooksie fan. I’ve been looking for this photo for as long as I can remember. I had a “copy” of the picture for reference (not a good one at that), but never have been able to locate an original till last year. While the photo is not in the best shape its original. It’s a Vancouver Mounties, of the Pacific Coast League, team issue photo (8x10) of Brooks Robinson.

Day 335 Mounties.jpg

I’m not sure if many fans, maybe not even the die-hard fans in Baltimore, know that Brooks almost ended his baseball career in Vancouver due to a freak accident while playing ball. In a game against Portland Brooks went after a foul ball near the Mounties dugout where his sleeve and part of Brooks’ muscle, under his bicep, got caught on a hook on a guardrail going for the foul ball. He was rushed to the hospital; his tendon had been severed, but thankfully the nerve was intact. Brooks was told by the doctor if the nerve had been cut, his playing days would’ve been over.

1966 Mounties Program - Brooks on inside page

Day 335 Program 1966 Vancouver Mounties Program pg 1.jpg
Day 335 Publication 1966 Vancouver Mounties Program 1.jpg