View Single Post
Old 10-12-2020, 10:21 AM
Michael Skiles

Default Collecting

Started in 1962. I was 6. It's still my favorite set. Lifelong Tigers fan. My grandfather was on the ground crew at Briggs Stadium during World War II. My mother was a huge fan. She met Hank Greenberg. He through a Christmas party for the ground crew and other staff in 1945. She also met Ty Cobb. I collected full sets until 1986. I sold them to buy a house when I got married. I kept my Post Cereal and Jello cards since my mom used to cut them off the backs of boxes. I have master sets of the 3 US baseball sets. A near master set of 62 US Football. Also have the Canadian sets from 62 and 63. I kept most of the Tiger things she had: Goudey Wide Pens, Butterfingers Pictures, a couple of 52 Bowmans etc.. I have rebuilt my Tigers cards from 1953 on up. Need a couple to finish. I have continued to collect Post Cereal and Jello cards through the years including hockey cards released in Canada. As for now I am working on a 2012 Topps Gypsy Queen set. (Just something to keep me occupied) Really like the stories in this thread!