View Single Post
Old 02-01-2023, 02:46 AM
Mîçhæ£ ßöw£ß¥

Quote:
Originally Posted by BobC View Post
My brain is a sponge.

Wishbone Ash is doing their 50th Anniversary tour this year. I am going to try and see one of the shows near me so Andy Powell can sign my rock book.

Curved Air - Stuart Copeland was their drummer before he joined The Police. Trivia - Stuart is one of two famous rock drummers born just a few miles from me in Alexandria, VA. The other - Dave Grohl. Eddie Jobson was also a member of Curved Air. I saw him play in the supergroup UK (John Wetton, Alan Holdsworth and Bill Bruford). Copeland, Jobson, Holdsworth and Bruford (twice) have all signed my rock book

Soft Machine - When I was working in the courts up in Mass I did a lot of work in Cambridge. They converted one of the original old buildings in the courthouse complex into offices and a multicultural arts center. In March, 1992 Daevid Allen, founding member of the band, was having a concert there. It was such a casual place I walked in and watched his sound check. He signed my rock book twice, once for Soft Machine and once for Gong. Alan Holdsworth, mentioned above, also played in Gong.
I am truly jealous!!!![/QUOTE]

I have been very fortunate. I was an announcer on college radio 1979-82 at WUMB. I learned about a lot of different music and enjoy many genres. It has allowed me to go to concerts, photograph and meet a broad spectrum of musicians. Scroll through this thread to see some of my photos and read about some encounters. I want to resurrect it, but I need to get at least one new scanner as my old scanner programs (Windows 2000) do not like my new computer with Windows 2011.

https://www.net54baseball.com/showthread.php?t=280592

"The man who can keep a secret may be wise, but he is not half as wise as the man with no secrets to keep”