View Single Post
Old 10-03-2021, 04:25 PM
St.eve Sus.sman

Quote:
Originally Posted by rats60 View Post
No it is because what he says makes no sense. He wants to concede the division to his hated rivals to play the Cards in the WC. He should want to beat the Giants to make them play another game and get the winner in LA. Aren't the Dodgers defending champions with 105 wins going into the last game? He acts like they are lucky to have a winning record.

I guess it doesn't matter. The Padres are tanking to the Giants just like 1971. The Dodgers hate the Giants, but everyone else in the Division hates the Dodgers.
It's pretty obvious that I'd want the Dodgers to beat the Giants. But you made my point for me in your second paragraph. I don't think anybody who follows baseball thought that the Padres would give it their all today. It was pretty clear that the Giants were going to win the division no matter what the Dodgers did. So why not save Buehler, who has been on a roll recently, for Wednesday? Scherzer is obviously no slouch, but he has pitched horribly lately and is mediocre in the postseason (7-5).

As for Urias, I'd award the CY to his 20-3/2.96 over any of the other contenders by a mile.