View Single Post
Old 10-06-2021, 10:42 AM
Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrreality68 View Post
Thanks for the clarification Steve.
my misunderstanding (especially since it came right after my post.
Like any fan of a team that lost I am frustrated about last nights game. But
1. I respect and enjoy what they have done this season
2. Respect the fact that they got beat in the wild card game and wished their fans to enjoy their run (I cannot wish the Boston Team a good run since we consider them the arch enemy )
3. Even choose the picture of the card for the game of ruth "NY Card" wearing the Boston uniform as a tie in)

Yeah, I thought the Yanks did well to even make the "Wild Card" game. Half way through the season, they didn't look like a team that should even be a part of the playoff picture.

Part of me wishes they would do a 3 game series for that spot, rather then a 1 and done. Makes things kind of anti-climatic, but it is, what it is. More for a team like the Dodgers this year, rather then the Yankees.

I'm an odd sort of Yankee fan I guess, in that I'd probably root for the Red Sox, if they were to get to the World Series. I'd rather the AL East team that beat out the Yankees win, then the NL team I'm more unfamiliar with. Unless maybe the Brewers get in the series. Then I might have to root for them to get their 1st title.