View Single Post
Old 08-03-2021, 04:48 PM
β∪τ∁ℏ †∪RΩεΓ

There was a company that had a catalog, not large, maybe 20 pages, 8 1/2 x 11 folded over and stapled. I bought a 76 baseball set from them. Along with a 59, 61, 68 (2nd series all blue backs) football and some other cards that I cannot remember. Football is long since traded and traded for baseball sets.

But my first complete set was 1974 Topps baseball followed by 1975 Topps Baseball. I bought them in packs and completed them. I even got the Wash Nat’leag cards in packs too.

I collected 69, 70, 71 cards but did not complete them until the late 80s. I had a friend that had a bunch of last series 71 cards that he had bought and put away, never seeing the light of day until I came along. I got lucky and bought a bunch for around $50. And there were many star cards in what I bought.

Now I am filling year holes from the late 70s to 80s. I need a 73 set and a 79 set and am currently working the 72 set, right around 55% on that one.

I will probably buy or trade for the 73 set. I have complete 74 and 75 sets along with other stuff to barter with.

Edit: I found out in another thread that the company was the Card Collector Company out of New York. I actually bought some of their smoke damaged Bowman football cards. They were singed ever so slightly on the top edges but no water damage. I know I bought other cards from them but that memory is long since gone.

Last edited by butchie_t; 08-06-2021 at 07:07 PM.