View Single Post
Old 08-26-2014, 09:41 AM
And.rew Whi.te

When I worked for the Cubs we always looked forward to the Dodgers coming to town. My first few years I worked for the security detail that stayed with the players and Tommy would always order Chicago style pizza from his favorite local Italian pizzeria for the team (usually about 25 pizzas) and would give the leftovers...and there were many leftovers to the security detail. We would then carry them down to our office and feed the whole crew on what the Dodgers had left for us.

I also had the chance to hang out after a game with Tommy in the dugout as he was photographed for a new book he had coming out (I believe it was The Artful Dodger). It was me, Tommy and the photographer and I can tell you it was great hearing his stories for the few hours we were down there but that guy had a mouth that would make a trucker AND a sailor blush.

Tommy was always good to me but then again it could be because I never asked for an autograph, a baseball, a hat or anything else.....except for maybe pizza!