View Single Post
Old 09-03-2020, 07:55 AM
Ste.ve Na.polit.ano

Default How we view celebrities after death

It's no surprise to any adult that the moment someone dies, whether they are a family member, friend or a celebrity far away, much of the bad or questionable stuff they did in their life magically disappears and they are 10 times better a person in death than they actualy were in life. Why is this? I get the whole person is not here to defend themselves part of it, but wouldn't it be better in death if we just gave a realistic picture of someone's life and not a sugar coated version? Kobe Bryant for example. Many of his teammates and other players disliked him, found him to be a selfish player. His farewell tour was heavily mocked. And he had some serious criminal charges levied against him by a young woman. Yet I see Nike on Twitter posting essentially daily how he was a role model and we should all endeavor to be "more like" Kobe in our lives. I never met the guy. Sure he fell within the realm of the average person, some good stuff, some not so great stuff. Why does he have to be sainted after his death? Same thing happens of course to many other people. Just once I want to see an obituary that says "he was a moody son of a bitch who had a lot of enemies and was disliked by many."

Last edited by Snapolit1; 09-03-2020 at 07:57 AM.