View Single Post
Old 12-11-2021, 04:41 PM
Steve

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zach Wheat View Post
Don't feel bad. I bought a nice T206 Cy Young and somehow managed to throw it away with the packaging it came in. Existed for a hundred years before me, but put it in my hands for no more than a minute........
Did the same with a '54 B Mays card that I paid a few hundred bucks for. About a week after removing it from the mailer, I wanted to look at it again and could not find it in the box where it should have been. Horrified, I tried to mentally reconstruct everything I had done after opening the package and could only come to the conclusion that I must have absent-mindedly misplaced the card in with the wrapping that I had tossed out. I spent a week searching all through everything I could imagine touching in my den before giving up. Several times during the search I passed over an old folder on my desk because I thought I hadn't touched it in years. Wouldn't you know, just happened to open it one day months later, and there was Willie, grinning goofily at me, as if he had really put one over.