View Single Post
Old 12-16-2020, 01:05 AM
D@rrΣn Hu.ghΣs

2020 was a stellar year for my love affair with cards having qualifiers, so here's ten of them. Yes, I'm cheap, and would much rather save a crapload of money by grabbing cards with supposed 'problems' than dropping a sack of cash on something that was deemed to be a tiny bit better by some unknown grader. Most of the time, I seek out ones that look completely normal to any sane person.

A trio of sick 1970's rookies. The Brett is more off-centered than I usually prefer, but what the Eck's up with the OC on Dennis? He looks pretty sweet!! The coveted Schmidt rookie has some snow...boo hoo...but is otherwise a freakin' sharp cornered, centered 9...

1975minibrett228psa9oc.jpg1976eckersley98.jpg1973schmidt.jpg

Then there are these all time greats, looking pretty fine. The Bench has some invisible gum/wax residue. If there's ever another group sub, I'll crack him out and wipe away the schmutz for a regrade...

1974ryan.jpg1961robinson.jpg1969bench95psa7st.jpg

These two green tints are impossible to find in PSA 9 (with or without qualifiers), having POPs in the low single digits. Very few exist, and if one of them ever shows up, you'd have to drop a boatload of money to obtain it. No thanks. I'll grab ones with phantom print defects for a song...

1962geiger117PSA9pd.jpg1962score116PSA9PD.jpg

Joe Morgan's 1972 high number is extremely costly in a straight PSA 9, and this one looks as close to 'normally' centered as possible, so I done grabbed it. And the Mick? Who wouldn't have grabbed him and his buddies at a very reduced price...

1964topps331albombersmantlePSA9OC.jpg1972morgan752psa9oc.jpg

https://www.youtube.com/@TheJollyElm

Looking to trade? Here's my bucket:
https://www.flickr.com/photos/152396...57685904801706

“I was such a dangerous hitter I even got intentional walks during batting practice.”
Casey Stengel

Spelling "Yastrzemski" correctly without needing to look it up since the 1980s.

Overpaying yesterday is simply underpaying tomorrow.

Last edited by JollyElm; 12-16-2020 at 01:07 AM.