View Single Post
Old 04-18-2021, 12:18 PM
Rich

I love the Candian Pro Stars Brooks. A fellow collector here at Net54 sold me mine a few years ago. In fact that whole set is really neat and chock full of Hall of Famers.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chstrite View Post
Good Sunday, everyone. This week I will discuss the Brooks Master 1972 entries, which there are 8. 1972 did not have as many entries as 1971, but some nice cards, nonetheless. First, is the 1972 Milton Bradley. This card is not easy to find. I actually bought the entire set on an Auction to get this card (ungraded). This PSA 6 example is a nice grade but there is one higher. Next, is the 1972 Topps Candy Lids Test Issue. Unlike other Test Issues, PSA graded this one with a number. The PSA 4 is a decent grade. This card is pretty difficult to find. I think I overpaid for it, but was happy to make the deal. There are 2 graded higher. The 1972 Venezuelan Stamp is extremely hard to find, rarely grades higher than VG. This example is a PSA 1. The stamp uses the same photo as the 1972 Topps card and has a blank back for a stamp album. The next entry is the 1972 Canadian Pro Star Promotions card, which is an oversized card and grades as a PSA 9. There are two PSA 10s. This card is very expensive and not easy to find. I believe there is a PSA 9 on ebay for around $400. Next, is the 1972 Topps regular card with the Orioles team card. The regular card is plentiful at a high grade. This PSA 9 has over 100 peers. There are 15 PSA 10s; if anyone has one laying around, let me know. The Orioles Team card is a PSA 10. There are 23 other PSA 10s. Next, is the Brooks Topps Boy Hood Photo Card and the OPC version. Both are graded as PSA 9s. The Topps version has 64 graded peers with 7 PSA 10s. The OPC version is highest graded with 9 peers. Hope you enjoyed the posting. See you next week with the 1973 entries.