View Single Post
Old 10-14-2012, 02:27 PM
John
J0hn McD@niel

Quote:
Originally Posted by t206blogcom View Post
Yes, it'll be in the December auction. I think they said the starting bid will be around $15k.
I wish the seller the best and I hope he gets what he’s looking for. I will say that I’m a bit surprised how much the card has fallen off. I think the hype surrounding and the timing was the perfect storm for the seller to maximize.

Actually I was one of the fools that you guys speak of. I know it has been hinted a few times that somebody made a solid offer of 30-35k on the card at the national. In fact I was the person who offered Dave that for the card. In a way I’m glad he didn’t take it because I do think a bit of national fever had me caught up and valuing the card about twice what I would pay today. Even 15k I think is a bit generous given that there are no other known examples. Which in the end hurts this card IMO.

As for the card itself it looked blue to me. There were some odd things going on via the front but nothing major. Part of the deal was Dave to except my offer was that I got to crack the card in the presence of SGC and look it over raw myself. Had that happened I could say 100% yay or nay for what that’s worth. However in the holder it looked ok for me to gamble.

Also I’m not sure who is really left out there to buy on this type of anomaly. I know Dave ran this up the ladders of the usual suspects of which all passed. I know I made a solid offer and now it’s in Huggins & Scott. Hopefully Huggins can get new bidders to the table and get the card across the finish line of what Dave is looking for.

For transparency I will not be bidding either I will wait till a second example pops up.

Cheers,

John