View Single Post
Old 08-24-2022, 11:52 AM
Kyle May

Quote:
Originally Posted by cgjackson222 View Post
One thing I've found a bit surprising during this thread is just how unrealistically demanding people are of the medical community.

People are looking at things in hindsight and acting like they were foregone conclusions.

We hadn't had a pandemic in 100 years. The spanish flu killed approximately 1 in 5 that it infected, which amounted to around 675,000 Americans, which was about .65% of the entire population at the time.

For many, the lesson learned was that more could and should have been done to stem the loss of life.

And yet, it seems many on this thread think we should have done next to nothing and let the chips fall as they may. Their reasoning seems to be that only a fraction of the nation's population has died from covid. Of course, at the beginning of the pandemic, there was no way to know how deadly the virus would be.

So the reaction, which to some was an overreaction, was really just a cautious approach. Remember, we didn't have a shot that could reduce the severity of the illness for many months. Remember, we had hospitals overflowing. Remember, we didn't (and still don't) know the side effects for those that survived Covid.

It is absolutely ridiculous to expect anyone (Fauci/the CDC) to know exactly what to do without changing guidance as the reality of the pandemic evolved. And evolved it has. We now have relatively few hospitalizations/deaths relative to the beginning of the pandemic (which has a lot to do with the shot). Yet people are complaining that the CDC has changed guidance? Doesn't make any sense.

The overall disrespect of the medical community on this thread has been strange. There may come a day when you need to rely on the medical community, and they will likely treat you without a second thought, even though you have disparaged them.
Responding to talking points in your post...

1. The shield which politicians have hidden behind is the Medical Community. When you have influence on the public, that needs to be utilized cautiously, and it wasn't. 2.5 years later, we have a little over 1 million deaths, yet millions and millions of other lives were affected negatively based on the reaction from the medical community/politicians. Where's the accountability?

2. I don't believe blindly trusting the medical community is a good thing. The medical community pushes Big Pharma "medicine" which has ruined the lives of millions. They're not automatically "heroes". Combine this with the negative effects of my first point, and how much more damage did the medical community do to society vs COVID?

3. The medical community has given a mixed bag of answers. "Trust the science" isn't so simple. Many medical professionals I've spoken with and have read statements from have said to avoid the "vaxx", that COVID isn't a deadly virus unless you have pre-existing comorbities, the hospital occupancy issues are overblown, etc. These medical professionals are disregarded, yet we're told to trust the medical professionals.

4. None of the data supports the decisions by the CDC/politicians, or the arguments defending them. There are 1.04M "COVID deaths" in the US since the start of the pandemic. That's ~400k per year, which matches the death totals per year. This, despite the vaccine coming out at the end of the first year (over 50% of the country being vaxxed by 1.5 years), and now ~80-90% of adults being vaxxed. The death totals aren't dropping. That doesn't support the "vaxx is the end all be all" argument. N95 masks are proven to be the only masks that work, yet the requirement was never N95s. That doesn't support the pro-mask argument. Again, think about the number of lives negatively affected (mentally, financially, developmentally, etc.) to defend against a virus with a 99%+ survival rate.

5. The "vaxx" doesn't prevent acquisition of COVID, transmission, or severity. So, either the "vaxx" wasn't properly tested and was instead used as an experimental drug on society, or the CDC/medical professionals/politicians lied from the get go. Pat McAfee had a 104+ degree fever despite being vaxxed. Hospitalizations and deaths are not down, especially significantly, despite the "vaxx" being in the bodies of 80-90% of adults. Yet the CDC guidelines are now do not differentiate between the vaxxed and the unvaxxed.

6. Fauci completely botched the AIDS epidemic, and all the contradictions in the handling of COVID-19 are another botched attempt, yet I'm supposed to trust and respect him? All the while collecting the highest tax-payer-funded paycheck in government.

I'm sorry I don't have a medical professional shrine in my closet.

- Hall of Famers
Progress: 318/340 (93.53%)

- Grover Hartley PC
Needs: T207 Anonymous Factory 25 Back, 1914 New York Evening Sun Supplements, 1917 D328 Weil Baking Co., and (possibly) 1917 Merchant's Bakery

- Jim Thome PC

- Cleveland Indians Franchise Hall of Fame

Last edited by KMayUSA6060; 08-24-2022 at 12:08 PM.