View Single Post
Old 07-17-2021, 05:36 PM
Robert

Mike that is awesome!! Thank you for sharing. I do that as well in regards to only putting one card in. I'm kinda odd and enjoy reading the backs of cards. Some nights I pull out a set i am working on and just read the backs until I fall asleep and have PT in the morning. So many good memories with cards. I still remember the taste of the square gum, powdery yet we still chewed it. Every card was looked at......favorite players or teams being put to the side then (in my case) a lot went into groups with a rubber band around em........there was not grading then.....just pure enjoyment. I also agree that the checklists ......though at the time i may have shunned them are quite essential to the complete set nowadays. Just wish i would have saved the wrappers. Have a few but none from my childhood. If a pack wasn't so high i would get an 81 football just to keep and look at.......but for now....its a pipe dream.
Successful Transactions with: cammb, jim, sean1125,bobbyw8469, vintagetoppsguy, mintacular, rube26105, irishdenny, brick, Robextend,dboneesq, northviewcats, wdwfan, Dhogan, quitcrab, eliminator, Harliduck, tonyo, fetamore, hcv123, Bocabirdman, Casey2296,Aplyon86 Futbowl, pwang100, GoCubsGo32, Sidepocket, jcarroll84, DanP, YazFenway08, 4reals, sflayank, frazier and many others

Last edited by Blackie; 07-17-2021 at 05:38 PM.