View Single Post
Old 08-01-2021, 06:03 AM
€d M!££w00D

Enjoyed catching up on this thread this morning. I love all the pics of your binders. Like many here, I have gone back and forth on binders vs. toploaders, etc. but always go back to binders because of how great it is to (carefully) flip through the pages. I wanted to share a little about how I collect. I am in the process of building back the sets I collected as a kid (73-79). I am doing this for enjoyment AND to pass on to my kids at some point. As I build each set, I approach the project like a glimpse into my childhood. As a result, I try to build a time capsule for each year. In addition to the set, I include all variations of that year’s wrappers because the ads bring back so many memories (t-shirts, lockers, etc). I also include a copy of that year’s Street and Smiths Baseball Yearbook. As a kid, the arrival of new cards and the new Street and Smiths went hand-in-hand. Flipping through the yearbooks is an absolute joy, especially looking at the ads from the various dealers! Finally, I create a short narrative with information on the set and specific memories that the set holds for me and what I was doing at that point as a kid. While I do this to inform my kids when they get the cards one day, I find that it also helps me relive some awesome memories.

Sorry for the long post, but just wanted to share my projects and thank all of my fellow “binder folks” for the continuing inspiration.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ed