View Single Post
Old 08-01-2021, 05:30 PM
D@rrΣn Hu.ghΣs

Default All Star Cards Trivia...for the heck of it

I was looking through the various Topps All Star card subsets from the years 1958 to 1970 and created a short trivia contest. Unfortunately, there are no prizes. Yes, some years (1963-1967) didn't have any All Star subsets, so they have nothing to do with this.

***NO FRICKIN' CHEATING!!!!!! Read the questions, think about it and answer them without consulting your set binders, eBay, etc., dammit!!!!!!!***

1. Every year with an All Star card subset had Hall of Famers appearing on at least 50% of the total number of cards (HOF'ers pictured divided by the number of cards in the subset), except for a single year. Which Topps set didn't reach the 50% HOF'er threshold?

2. Which Hall of Famer appeared the most times in these subsets (two more times than the next closest players)?

3. Which HOF pitcher appeared the most times?

4. Seven different HOF'ers appear only once on these cards across the entire run. How many can you name?

5. Which non-HOF'er appears the most times?

BONUS Question: one man featured on an All Star card had no business being there. His presence was not the result of him doing anything to warrant it.
a. Who was it?
b. What year was he on an All Star card?
c. What specifically caused him to be an All Star?

Notes:
• First, before one of the usual pathetic contrarians chimes in to enlighten us, I will state for the record that when these cards were released, NONE of them showed any HOF'ers, because they weren't voted in yet. This trivia challenged is based on a 2021 perspective. Ugh.
• Since there was a lot of copying, pasting and sorting involved, it's possible (hopefully not!) that I screwed something up.

https://www.youtube.com/@TheJollyElm

Looking to trade? Here's my bucket:
https://www.flickr.com/photos/152396...57685904801706

“I was such a dangerous hitter I even got intentional walks during batting practice.”
Casey Stengel

Spelling "Yastrzemski" correctly without needing to look it up since the 1980s.

Overpaying yesterday is simply underpaying tomorrow.

Last edited by JollyElm; 08-01-2021 at 05:38 PM.