View Single Post
Old 06-18-2005, 11:02 AM
Administrator

Default PSA Cancels My GAI Auction

Posted By: Miguel

I agree with those that find the practice of keyword spamming to be very annoying and bothersome. I think PSA is within its rights. I hate it when I'm searching for PSA and people have obviously put the word PSA in their title merely to get included in a search for PSA.

PSA is protecting its trademark, which it has invested in, and which is associated with its services. When I search for PSA on eBay I expect to get PSA graded cards. People who use the PSA trademark in order to have their auctions apppear when I am looking only for PSA cards are attempting to confuse the public and free ride off of PSA's trademark. This is the definition of trademark infringement.

The only argument you can make is that by saying "NOT PSA" you're not trying to convince anyone your card is a PSA card. However, the damage, I think, is done when I've searched for PSA and now am looking at your non-PSA card. If you intended to fairly use the PSA trademark for some other purpose than to benefit from those who have heard of PSA and are searching for cards graded with their service, then we can talk. But I think 99.9% of people who use PSA in their auction titles and don't have PSA graded cards are in fact trying to get their auctions displayed when people search for PSA.