Thread: '86 Topps set
View Single Post
Old 08-07-2014, 05:18 PM
Kev1n @1les

Default '86 Topps set

I am Topps set collector. Up until the National last weekend, I had 57-85. I found a table (402, I believe) that had a bunch of 80s 90's sets for $5 each. I picked up 87, 88, 89, and 90 for a whopping total of $20. He said that he had '86 but sold it right before I got there.

I keep everything in sheets, but I am just keeping these in their set box - as sheets and binders are more expensive than the cards. Due to a personality disorder/issue, it is driving me crazy that I have a hole in my run.

In the case of a set like this, shipping costs more than the set. So, I guess what I am asking is if anyone near Pittsburgh (Pittsburgh, Cleveland, Columbus or Cincinnati as I will be there next Wednesday/Thursday - Indy is an option as I can have my mom help me with a pickup - same with MSP as my brother lives there) has an extra '86 set that they bought in anticipation of putting their future kids through college and are ready to part with on the cheap?

I realize that $5 was a really hot deal, so I don't anticipate the price being that low, but I will hold out and wait for a Craigslist ad if it is substantially more expensive than that.

Things that I never thought I would say. "Tiger, meet my sister." and "Does anyone have an '86 set for sale?"

53-55 Red Mans Complete Set