View Single Post
Old 03-31-2023, 08:00 AM
Ben North

Quote:
Originally Posted by FrankWakefield View Post
Anyone here ever trade down, and then 3 years later be glad that they did?

If you really need the money, you need to trade, or maybe just sell the card outright.

I've sold a few cards that I wish I still had. A factor in that is that I still collect. If I was selling off the cards I have, I'd probably still miss whatever it is that you have, but I'd be missing all of my cards.

For you, if you're continuing with collecting, then that trade down card will always be there to remind you of what you once had, that'll be slightly more annoying, I suspect, than just having the memory alone.

In conclusion; if you're selling your collection then don't trade down, or trade down if you think that the trade down card plus the side money exceeds what you'd get in an outright sale. If you're going to continue with collecting, then don't trade...

Again, anyone here ever trade down, and then 3 years later be glad that they did?

And, do you guys really let tax factors dictate whether you buy, sell, or hold a card??? Really?
I have traded down many times and have never regretted it. For me it was usually going from a graded to ungraded example. I have also done the 1 expensive card for several lesser cards many times with no regrets.