View Single Post
Old 12-30-2016, 12:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RTK View Post
Definitely a fan, thank goodness for the NHL network in the US otherwise I wouldn't be able to watch. WJ is probably the most under rated sports event in the states. Two upsets so far this year, Canada as usual dominates. I looked at tickets just for grins, it's hard to believe good seats are available for every games except the US/Canada. I'd love to attend some day, although it'll probably never be played outside of Canada when it's in North America.

I think it is being held in Buffalo next year. Tickets will be relatively easy to come by for most preliminary games, except those involving Canada.

The event was held in Buffalo seven or eight years ago, so my wife and I went down for a few days. I remember paying $160 for a pair of so-so seats for Canada-Norway, and then the next day paying something like $16 for a pair of 10th row red-line seats for Switzerland-Czech Republic. Nobody bothered unless it was a Canada game (at least in the prelims), and Canadian fans could make the short drive into the USA.