View Single Post
Old 08-05-2016, 04:48 PM

Default 1907 to 1922 Chicago Cubs and Chicago White Sox Items

Here is a group of items that belonged to a Chicago sportswriter. See scans for condition and they have evidence of scrapbook removal.

1907 Chicago Cubs Partial Envelope
Piece of envelope cut out showing Cubs Logo indicated as 1906 Champions. Although you cannot make out the final year on the postmark after “190”, I am fairly confident this is from 1907 because I have seen other Cub logos that show the championship years of 1907 and 1908 made after they won pennant. Therefore if this was made after 1907 it would likely show those years. Letter was addressed to the sportswriter. **SOLD**

1908 Chicago White Sox Opening Day Ribbon
All the other items on the scrapbook page this ribbon was on dated from 1907 to 1908 so I believe this ribbon is from one of those two years. The Inter City B.B. League reference at the bottom is likely that they were the guests to the game. I had other White Sox ribbons from this collection that were of a similar format and had different athletic clubs, sportswriters groups, etc at the bottom of the ribbon even though they were for White Sox games.

1921 Cubs Roster Page.
Not sure what this was but Johnny Evers is listed as manager and he only was manager in 1921 during the 1920s. Grover Alexander listed among the Cubs players.

1922 Chicago Cubs Meal Railroad Ticket
Has 1922 written faintly in right corner. My guess is that it was a meal coupon given out on the Sante Fe railroad upon the return from Chicago from Spring Training in California. Says Enroute to Chicago on the bottom, has Santa Fe logo and I did not look it up but I can recall Fred Harvey Dining Room advertisements in my 1920s Cubs and Bears programs. **SOLD**

Last edited by patricka; 08-17-2016 at 12:06 PM.