View Single Post
Old 04-24-2015, 04:34 PM

Default Just back from Sandy Koufax private signing with Sandy's agent

Recently Internet Exclusives (Sandy Koufax's personal agent) announced that Mr. Koufax was going to do a rare private sit down signing limited to 75 items.

Well, I bit the bullet and decided to get my full, unused tickets from Koufax's 1st and 2nd no-hitter games (in 1962 and 1963) signed.

Additionally, I added Mr. Koufax to an ongoing project that I've been working on completing since 2006. It is a program from an event in NYC that commemorated the 50th anniversary of Don Larsen's historic World Series Perfect Game in 1956. Mostly all of the living perfect game pitchers were in attendance.

Technically I still need to get HOF'er Randy Johnson and Kenny Rogers to sign it to complete the project, however I'm not sure if The Big Unit was in attendance. The Gambler (Kenny Rogers) was not as he was pitching in the Tigers ill-fated World Series against the St. Louis Cards.

Anyway, here is how they turned out for those of you that care to look.
Note the marked difference in the quality of Sandy's 2015 sit down signature compared to some of the sigs that originated at spring training this year.
From what I have seen, many of these are mostly illegible, but these are obviously a different animal as they are scribbled very quickly over a railing...

Last edited by Scott Garner; 04-26-2015 at 05:12 AM.