Thread: Adam Moraine
View Single Post
Old 08-01-2005, 11:57 AM
Administrator

Default Adam Moraine

Posted By: DJ

Adam Moraine, VBC Member (March 5, 2005- July 31, 2005)

Quotes:

1) A disrespect for the lower grades:

"My personal opinion is that PSA 1's,2's,3's are not even worth the plastic holders they are slabbed in, much less the amount of money these "collectors" spend on them...have you guys have seen what these cards look like.(someone post me some scans of PSA 1,2,3)Would any of the major auction houses/auctions want them in there auctions?

"I will NEVER have a PSA 1, 2, or 3 in my collection. Hell, I do not even like graded cards anyway."

"T-206 COBB (RED.PORT) PSA 2 OR SGC 20. BEST REGARDS, ADAM J. MORAINE P.S. THOSE ATTENDING THE NATIONAL, PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE, KEEP ME IN MIND, IF YOU SHOULD COME ACROSS ONE."

"PLEASE guys, for the love of God and collecting keep an eye out for a T-206 (RED PORT.) Cobb. (FOR MY SAKE!) a PSA 2 or SCG 20 will do just fine. so will a creaseless/no paper loss PSA 1."

2) Is he or isn't he?

" Sorry Warshaw I did not go to law school, and I do make the deep, six-figures you make."

"I have a GREAT disposable income, as I still live at home with my grandmother, and have minimal bills. (I pay water, cable, ADT home security, groceries, property taxes) My grandparents have lived in the same home since 1950. The house is paid for. The house wii be mine when my grandmother passes, which means I will NEVER have to buy a house or pay a mortage. (the house has NEVER been mortaged) I work 40-45 hours a week, as well.Hence, how I can afford to make these purchases."

"I have bills to pay AND a daughter to raise. Could ANYONE on this board pay bills, raise a child, and STILL purchase HIGH END prewar cards IF ANY of you, only made $32,000 per year?

3) His goals

"I plan to SOMEDAY do the same as Barry Halper did. Collect/invest in premium cards/memorabilia/autographs. and then..... CHA-CHING .... CONSIGN, CONSIGN, CONSIGN!"

"WHEN MY COLLECTION GENERATES HUNDREDS OF THOUSANDS OF DOLLARS, WE WILL SEE WHO HAS THE LAST LAUGH, AS YOU WILL STILL BE WORKING FOR A LIVING. I WILL BE RETIRED, YOUNG, AND WEALTHY LIVING IN AN ESTATE IN GREENWICH, CT, ONE OF THE MOST AFFLUENT COMMUNITIES IN THE ENTIRE U.S."

4) About eBay

"I DO NOT use EBAY!"

"THE #1 REASON WHY I STAY AWAY FROM EBAY! AND DO NOT USE EBAY! CROOKS AND LOW-LIFES PASSING OFF SCARCE AND VALUABLE CARDS AS AUTHENTIC. SOME SMUCK (LIKE MYSELF), WHO HAS NEVER SEEN AN AUTHENTIC OLD JUDGE IN PERSON, WOULD HAVE PROBABLY BID ON THE DAMN THING AND GOTTEN SCREWED OUT OF SERIOUS $$$ IN THINKING THEY HAD HIT THE JACKPOT."

"I can STILL get vintage cards from reliable dealers, and EBAY which is one of the main reasons I joined this forum anyway."

5) On Respect

"In MY world, RESPECT is something that you EARN. It's NOT given. I DO NOT GIVE anyone respect. They have to EARN it!"

6) On Solid Ball Players who aren't worth a lot in the Price Guides

"No problem with Griffey Sr. Hell, he helped reproduce Ken Griffey, Jr. A FUTURE H.O.F. er"

"Other than Mclain, Colavito, and Foster I HAVE NOT heard of the other guys. Who were they? Why in the hell is Colavito being billed as a H.O.F er? What are his fees so high? McLain ONE F!@#$% CROWNING ACHIEVEMENT IN 1968. WTF guys. ALL of the autographs I have are ALL H.O.Fers or FUTURE H.O.F.ers.. NO ONE HIT WONDERS!"

"E.C.N. will probably suck. The baseball these no-namers will sign is probably worth more than there autographs."

7) His Forum legacy

"Hell, I have beaten "the HOBBY Gods'" Mr. Mint and Mastro both in the same thread? AND recorded the longest (bashed)thread this year to date. I have etched my legacy in forum stone. Will I be inducted in the forum H.O.F.?"

8) On being possibly banned from the VBC

"We are ALL board members by CHOICE. NOT by "nomination". Therefore, I CAN NOT be removed from this forum because of MY OPINIONS. IF that were the case we would not even have a Net54 forum."