View Single Post
Old 09-19-2007, 07:46 AM
Administrator

Default another one bites the dust- ebay

Posted By: leon

Hey folks
So far in about 2 weeks of working with my contact at ebay I have gotten several fake card auctions shut down. There was a very fake T206 Cobb, 120161701748, on there for a few days. I told the seller that there was no way it could be real as it had a yellow background (portrait) and all the wrong colors....She didn't believe me. I told her that I work with ebay on fraudulent listings. This morning (or yesterday, not sure) my contact shut down the auction. It's been a little slow for me, at the start of this, but keep the faith. I do think ebay is trying a little bit more to do what they can to keep the place as legit as possible. I think I could use an analogy of trying to turn a battleship. It's not very quick but it can be done.....Also, I know I might not have caught everyone that wants to help in this endeavor so please email me privately at lluckey@moredirect.com if you want to be part of the solution for shutting down these tainted auctions. I don't go after the close calls or ones that will bury the word "reprint" somewhere in the description. I am told there should be a reprint/cutout section in the future. Right now there is more than enough low hanging fruit to go after..I also know there are many cynics about doing this. That's ok...I will help a little if I can.......regards