View Single Post
Old 06-08-2014, 01:14 PM

Default Some of my early hockey stuff

Here are some of my items The first three are 54-55 topps I have most of the set in like condition Still need a four to complete. The marks on the cards are actually marks on my scanner I didn't clean the glass when I scanned the cards. There is a bower rookie, Cyclone Taylor printers plate from his time with Portland Lakes Hockey club (pre NHL) also a Roy Worters printers plate. He was the first goalie to win the Hart Trophy and Vezina trophy. The signature cards have many H.O.F. players and they were obtained at a 55-56 exhibition game between the Hawks and Bruins held in St Catherines Ont. The St Cathrines Teepees were Chicagos farm club. You will note that Don Cherry and Terry Sawchuk are on the same card. How rare is that? The Chicago sheet has Dick Irivin the legendary coach. This was his last year because he died of cancer shortly after. The rocket richard card is not real old but it is an original Autograph obtained during an oldtimers game held in St Thomas. The Johnny Pierson card is part of my complete set for that year and It is the only example of a blank back that I have seen anywhere. I have the complete master set (both back versions) for these including the album. I can post tons more if anyone is interested and would like to see them. I have tons of cards from the 50's that I am willing to trade if there is any interest.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 55 sawchuk.jpg (55.3 KB, 578 views)
File Type: jpg 55-gordie.jpg (55.8 KB, 575 views)
File Type: jpg 55-gump.jpg (58.7 KB, 574 views)
File Type: jpg 65 JOHNNY BOWER.jpg (55.5 KB, 572 views)
File Type: jpg 005.jpg (61.8 KB, 573 views)
File Type: jpg cyclone 003.jpg (66.1 KB, 575 views)
File Type: jpg hawks signature.jpg (75.3 KB, 576 views)
File Type: jpg sig.jpg (75.6 KB, 574 views)
File Type: jpg printers plates 094.jpg (65.2 KB, 576 views)
File Type: jpg #60 Johnny Peirson.jpg (77.6 KB, 575 views)
File Type: jpg #60 Johnny Peirson 3 different backs.jpg (77.4 KB, 576 views)

Last edited by Billwinkle; 06-08-2014 at 01:32 PM.