View Single Post
Old 12-11-2008, 07:53 PM
Administrator

Default OT: What is the best baseball game you ever attended?

Posted By: john/z28jd

Eventhough it doesnt rank up there with my favorite games I went to a minor league doubleheader that I will never forget because both games ended 2-1 with each team winning a game when the tying run got thrown out at home plate. How often do you see a game end with the tying runner getting thrown out at home? and then just imagine it happening twice,once you celebrate because the home team won,2 hours later you cant believe your team just lost that way!

Also the only triple play I've seen in person happened at a minor league game with a funny story attached. It was a cold night game with a sparse crowd and some drunks in the upper level. Two guys on for the opposing team and as the batter walks to home plate the guy right above me says "Hey #15,youre going to hit into a triple play" loud enough that everybody in the quiet place heard him and a lot of people laughed. First pitch,line drive one hopper to the 2nd baseman,steps on 2nd,throws to first for the 2nd out,the runner from 2nd hesitated not knowing if the ball was caught,then took off for 3rd and was out by 20 feet. The place went nuts! The guy in the 2nd level yelled at him, "I told you! I told you didnt I!"