View Single Post
Old 12-11-2008, 08:06 PM
Administrator

Default OT: What is the best baseball game you ever attended?

Posted By: Joann

Last game at Tiger Stadium. I had tickets for the last 2 months of the season - every game - and went to all the weekend games. Seats were Row 3 of the upper deck in right field, which means they were ON the right field overhang.

It was an event all around, but of course everyone wanted to know who would hit the last home run. It looked like it would be Karim Garcia, who barely cleared the fence in right-center.

Then Rob Fick came up bases loaded bottom of the eigth. He hit one on a shot right towards us - not a tidge of hook or slice but dead straight on - and I almost had a heart attack. happy.gif But it quickly became obvious it was long and would land behind us.

So I watched it go absolutely dead straight to right up exactly over the top of where I was sitting and it ... disappeared. Gone. Over the right field roof!

There was an impossibly short and palpable moment of frozen time and possibly silence, and then all hell broke loose.

I won't ever forget what that ball looked like coming off his left-handed bat and right at us like it was shot out of a gun. Or what it looked like to vanish into thin air about 20 feet above my head.

It makes me smile to even type it.

[linked image]