View Single Post
Old 06-17-2020, 05:56 AM
M@rk Lu7z

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Janzen View Post
ok, so since may of you here have great bat collections, do you buy them and if so where? Do you only trust your local dealer or shop on-line at dealers, reputable auction houses or snatch them up on Ebay? Finally, do you pay near the graders values, or try to nab them for pennies on the dollar. I don't want this to break my bank. Case in point: a current Ebay listing has a game used Mel Ott bat from the 1940's. There seems to be some letter of authenticity that comes with it. PSA value for that bat is listed at $37,500; the bidding on Ebay starts at $499....can you see why I'm confused and a bit overwhelmed?

Do you look for authenticated gamers or don't care about the authentication hassles? The PSA site has whetted my appetite, but they remain vague as to specific identification characteristics. Especially how do you thr to "date" a bat? Is that where the book id's them?

Thanks again from Curious in Colorado
You've seen what ebay has: you might go to the MEARS Online site to look at their monthly auctions. Beyond that, there are a number of auction sites, like Hunt Auctions and Heritage Auctions, that often have very desirable bats up for bidding. I recommend that you pick a few players that interest you and google their names, along with the phrase "game used bat" or "Professional model bat." Several old auctions should appear, and that will give you a good sense of what has been sold, where, and for how much. Maybe you've already done all this, but, if not, I suggest you give it a try.