View Single Post
Old 11-20-2020, 10:37 PM
Fr3d mcKi3

Default Help with info on the Metz/Superstar statues

Hi Gang:

Hoping some of you will share what you know about the 1988 Superstar Statues distributed by Kondritz Sports Productions out of St. Louis.

I am hoping someone can supply a checklist. I have Boggs, Carter, Canseco, and Canseco as Rookie of the year, Jack Clark Yankees, Will Clark, Clemens, V. Coleman, Davis, Dawson, Gibson, Gooden, Hernandez, Hersheiser, Jefferies, Jpyner, Mattingly, O. Smith and Strawberry.

Does anyone know of or have others? Any variations known?

Then there is the matter of the Metz statues which look like a partial repackaging, albeit with uniform changes and a few players added.

I found a "checklist" on the bottom of the box of one of the Metz that said there were 8 but to look for future ball players. Anyone know of any additions? The statues listed are Boggs, Canseco, V. Coleman, J. Clark but with the Cardinals not the Yankees as above in the BB SS statues, Davis, Whitey Ford (added), Eddie Mathews, (added), and O. Smith.

See photos below. It seems the Metz may have actually been issued first as Jack Clark was first with the Cardinals, then later with the Yankees for only one year 1988.

I have seen Metz statues in plain white boxes, green boxes and red boxes. I've seen the same player in different color boxes as well. I do not have any Metz statues in the box. For those of you that have some, is there any wording on the box as to manufacturer, year, etc.

Any info that you can share about these two issues and/or how they are related will be greatly appreciated.

Below photos are of Jack Clark in green Metz box, Clark in BB super stars box and Metz checklist on bottom of box.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Metz Clark Cardinals.jpg (76.8 KB, 115 views)
File Type: jpg Metz SS Clark Yankees.jpg (70.9 KB, 115 views)
File Type: jpg Metz checklist.jpg (75.4 KB, 115 views)